Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Help

One of the worst feelings created by infertility is helplessness. My generation of women has been brought up to believe that we are strong and capable. If we set our minds to it we can accomplish anything. That will and determination will triumph. And yet, when it comes to procreation, clearly, that is not the case. The number of tries, and the strength of one’s desires has no relation to the result. After repeated failures with no explanation, one can’t help but feel at a loss.

I think I started reading fellow-infertiles’ blogs in a search for more knowledge, to hear others’ experiences - to feel that I was doing something under my control to change my situation. Last night I came across Katie’s blog, http://infertilenotinferior.blogspot.com/ and found something specific I could control and that could change someone else’s situation, http://tinyurl.com/brllw. Please consider making a small donation of your own to Katie and Mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home