Monday, May 01, 2006

Tagged.

I got tagged by waitingline last week to write 6 weird/unique things about me, and I don’t want her to think I was ignoring it. So, even though I gave you 100 previously, here are 6 more – starting with some changes to the original list:

1. (Based on the original #7) I stopped volunteering reading to kids at the homeless shelter after my first IVF cycle failed. It was very difficult to be around those mothers and the kids.
2. (Based on #57) I had to stop watching The O.C. – although I still adore Adam Brody. My new favorite show was Arrested Development, until the stupid executives at Fox Television thought it wasn’t worth renewing. If you haven’t watched it – you must. It’s the funniest show that’s ever been on television.
3. (Based on #73) I’m no longer a registered Republican. When we moved to the new apartment and I had to update my voting records, I couldn’t check off the box and say I believe in either political party right now.
4. (Based on #80) So, now D and I both own ipods. What’s strange is that some of my favorite things to listen to are the old mix tapes that people had made for me back in the day, and which D spent an inordinate amount of time transferring onto the hard drive on our computer. There’s also a tape of my last college radio show which I love listening too; but hearing all these tapes also causes waves of nostalgia.
5. I think Bob Costas is the man. He knows something about everything. If I had that fabled dinner party where you could invite anyone in the world I’m inviting him and Steve Martin.
6. I’m having a really hard time coming up with that which is weird about me. I don’t know that anything I’ve written is weird – yes, it’s part of what makes me, me but is it weird? I’m not sure.

Updated:

Okay - this morning I thought of 2 weird things I do:

1. When I blow-dry my hair in the morning I combine it with the Pada Hastasana yoga pose. I get a good stretch AND my hair feels more bouncy!

2. When I brush my teeth I get bored just standing in front of the mirror - so I tend to walk around the house doing little one-handed tasks or go all the way to the living room to watch t.v.

Those are weird, right?

4 Comments:

Blogger MoMo said...

Mellie, Thanks for sharing more things about you. Sorry about #1, that was probably really hard to give up. S is also very upset that Arrested Development was cancelled...I think he is still in denial that it will be back someday.

I hope you are doing good with all the stims. Keep us posted with your progress. Thinking of...hugs!

May 01, 2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

Thanks for sharing (again).

I was glad to read that ICSI is a go, despite wbc. Let us know the results of the culture.

May 02, 2006 5:45 AM  
Blogger zhl said...

damn, that doesn't make you weird but oh so limber. I can barely touch my toes despite months of yoga.

Hope this IVF goes better,

May 02, 2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

If it makes you feel better, I do those stretchy types of poses at work while I'm making copies or waiting for my faxes to feed through. It's weird yes, but I do have a private office, so I'm not out there in public at least. Hey, whatever relaxes us, right?

May 03, 2006 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home