Monday, April 24, 2006

Whatever

I am surprisingly lackadaisical about this cycle. I’ve been taking .2cc of Lupron nightly since 4/13, but haven’t been so particular about the exact time of injection. In fact, twice last week I went to the theater and knowingly missed the allotted window of injection by, up to maybe, a half-hour. Whatever. I highly doubt that it impacts my chances of success at all.

I had been spotting pretty consistently the last week on birth control pills. But I really wasn’t concerned. Yesterday was day 3 and I reported to the office for the obligatory day 3 ultrasound, blood draw and of course, the upfront payment of the money. While waiting an hour for all of the above, near the end there was one of those women who brought her adorable one year old into the waiting room. There were 2 women sitting near me who were quite upset about the child’s presence. I understood where they were coming from, as I’ve felt that way too – but I didn’t yesterday. Yesterday it didn’t matter. I was all “Whatever.”

The results of yesterday’s visit were fine: E2 less than 20, lining @ 4, between the 2 ovaries the wand monkey revealed at least 8 follicles less than 10. So on Wednesday I add the Follistim. I am excited to be starting again – finally – but whereas last round I had so many fears (of which #15 came true – so at least I know they weren’t unfounded), this time I only have one: #15 of course.

Yes, we’re doing ICSI so that shouldn’t happen. But D gave a new sample last week (post his 3 week antibiotic course), and it still showed a high count of white blood cells. While my RE says that ICSI will compensate for that, we haven’t yet heard that from the urologist (because getting him the test results is way harder than it should be), so until I actually hear that we’ve created fertilized embryos, this is all just a big whatever.

4 Comments:

Blogger avonlea said...

I seem to be forgetting lab values. I'm sorry the white blood cells are still there (that I get) despite the long course of antibiotics. I'm going to count on the ICIS to prevent another repeat of #15.

April 24, 2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I'm sorry about D's count still being elevated. At least you are now coming from a point of having the information from the last cycle. Sounds to me like you are in self-preservation mode, which I'm quite sure is very normal. I've got everything crossed for you, my friend.

April 25, 2006 2:21 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

I am sorry that D's white blood cells are still high...I hope the ICSI works and you don't have to worry about #15. Hang in there..I know it is hard to stay positive during this time. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

April 25, 2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

I'm glad that your day 3 stats look good! I too am hoping that ICSI will overcome the fertilization issue.

Take care.

April 25, 2006 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home