Sunday, May 15, 2005

Believe.

Okay. This is going to be THE cycle. It’s going to work this time. I’m sick of being depressed and pessimistic – from here on out it’s all roses and daffodils. After all, the name of the blog is WHY NOT US? If the freakin’ Sox can come back from 3 games to none to defeat the evil empire, surely D.’s sperm can unite with my specially produced egg. Summer of morning sickness, here I come. Please!

At yesterday’s ultrasound my personal R.E. wielded the wand. He was “very pleased” with what he saw. Besides the cyst in my right ovary, I had two 18.5 follicles. He joked that with two such follicles on the right side, I’d have a left-handed baby. And then clarified that he was only kidding – that there’s no correlation and he has to be careful ‘cuz people take what he says seriously. He cracks me up – but only after he’s left the room and I’ve thought about what he’s said, ‘cuz in the moment I’m way too focused on trying to distill what he thinks the chances of success will be. Did you note how he said I would “have a baby?” I know it was a joke, and doesn’t mean a single thing, but g-d damn it was good to hear. I am going to have a baby.

We triggered last night and go in tomorrow morning for IUI #5, the one that will work.


I also just want to take a moment here to extol the praises of Freedom Drug. They rock. Stupid me completely spaced on the fact that I needed Ovidrel for this round. Since I had left over Bravelle from last cycle I didn’t place the big drug order on cd1, and it wasn’t until I was at the clinic Friday morning that I remembered I needed the hcg. So I got a prescription then, figuring that in my worst-case scenario, if I had to trigger Fri. night I’d find a pharmacy in the city that had it, and pick it up after work. But as it turned out I didn’t have to trigger Friday, so I called my friends at Freedom Drug and they arranged for the medication to be delivered to my apartment by UPS Saturday morning. Great.

Yesterday at 2:30 pm, I realized UPS had yet to show up. Freedom Drug had said it would be delivered by noon. I call Freedom Drug, they do the research and find that UPS claims they tried to deliver it at 1:33 but no one was home. And yet, D and I had been playing Grand Theft Auto in our living room for the past 2 hours, so the UPS guy was on crack. Freedom Drug girl was SO nice and totally had my back. She conferenced the UPS rep on the phone with us and took complete charge of the situation: “She needs the medication. She was home. It’s been less than an hour, surely the driver is still out.” And when UPS failed to do anything to rectify the situation she arranged for a local pharmacy to messenger it to me that afternoon, at no additional cost to me. How freakin’ cool is that?

I’m telling you, this month the curse is being reversed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will work. And that was great of Freedom Drug.

May 15, 2005 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you got your drugs in time. I might have to check out Freedom Drug. Hope the IUI went well this morning!

May 16, 2005 2:14 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I love Freedom Drug. Loooooove!

Good luck to you!

May 17, 2005 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home