Monday, May 08, 2006

Retrieval Redux

I made it through another retrieval. They got 19 eggs. And should be ICSI-ing all of them. I don't remember being in this much pain and discomfort last time around.

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, I share with you the special underwear I bought last December to wear to retrieval and transfer (I bought 2 pairs). I know it didn't help last go 'round, but we're thinking optimistically here:


For the goyim out there, the front shows the hebrew letters which are on the 4 sides of a dreidel. They stand for the saying that's printed on the back:

And I wore purple fuzzy socks (under the ones the hospital made me wear). Anything to make me feel special, I guess. My RE was the one actually performing the retrievals today, which was nice. I especially liked that he chose Green Day's American Idiot as his O.R. music.

So....I'm waiting. Waiting to see if fertilization happens. Before my turn this morning (because I'm always last) while I was waiting the other 2 women (there were only 4 retrievals scheduled today - last time I think there were 12!) were lamenting the upcoming 2 week wait and the IM shots. And all I could think was "I hope I get there."

I'm so hoping this IVF cycle is like The Empire Strikes Back. You know, better than the original.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

19 eggs!

This time will be better than last time. This time you had more information.

I'll be checking obsessively to see the news.

May 08, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Larisa said...

Hoping, hoping for you. I know it must work this time - I'll be anxiously awaiting the fertilization report.

And I love the socks and the skivvies.

May 08, 2006 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow-you are an egg-making maniac. I am so glad they will ICSI all of them. I have all my pieces and parts crossed for you!!

May 08, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Great results - love the underwear! Can't wait to hear that they were just what you needed.

May 08, 2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Mellie, I am hoping for great fertilisation news from you this time!

Fabulous pants too!

May 08, 2006 6:21 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

19! No wonder you feel uncomfortable right now. I'm looking so forward to hearing your good fertilization news!

May 08, 2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

19 eggs is great!!! And LOVE the undies!!

May 08, 2006 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, 19, great!

May 08, 2006 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this time is better too. Good luck.

May 08, 2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Mellie I am rooty-tootin' routin for you! :) 19 is fab-u-lous! Can't wait to hear about the results.

May 08, 2006 11:48 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

19 is amazing dear, I am hoping very hard that you get the benefit of them this time. You must be very stressed, but at least they know about the problem this time.

May 09, 2006 3:34 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

19!1 Woo-hoo! That is fantastic. I am crossing every part of my body that you get great fertilization report. I will be checking your blog all day for an update! Good luck..I am thinking of you. Hugs!!

PS..love the undies!

May 09, 2006 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!

Oh, 19 is beautiful. Hoping that ICSI does the trick!

May 09, 2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Love the undies. You are quite the egg-maker... congrats!

Best of luck to you!

May 09, 2006 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home