Monday, July 18, 2005

Biding Time

Since I’m on a ttc break, it seems that I’ve also been on a blog posting break. Part of it is that I started the blog to discuss my ttc journey and not to bore you with the random, day-to-day happenings in my life. Part of the break comes from being busy at work. And if I’m truly honest with myself, I’ll admit that part of the respite is because writing a post is such a daunting task. There are so many eloquent IF bloggers out there, that sometimes it feels that I shouldn’t bother; whatever I say will never be as funny, as insightful as compelling as what’s already being written. But, just as with ttc, I must keep on. I love having the support of other bloggers, and am so grateful for the outlet. So reader, I thank you for checking up on me and supporting me, even if I’m not the best/funniest/smartest writer out there.

Since I haven’t had anything physical to do with ttc, last week I turned my attention to the financial. I created a lovely excel spreadsheet detailing all my insurance claims for this year’s IUIs, and matched it all up to what I’ve paid out and for what I’ve been billed. I found 3 claims that insurance didn’t pony up for, but should have, and I’ve been working on getting the proper documentation to be able to prove it. Thus far I’ve gotten a check for $70 and expect more to follow. So please consider this an urging to my fellow IF’s to pursue all claims to the fullest extent possible. I truly think insurance companies expect people not to examine and question claims, figuring most people are too lazy or too embittered to appeal. And sometimes all it takes is a phonecall.

In other news, a friend of mine pointed me to this article, which I was wondering if anyone else had read. I had been thinking about changing doctors, but then I read this and see that my center’s listed number 2. Its stats are always high, which is why I picked it in the first place. I just hear horror stories of women not being diagnosed with something that, to another doctor, is obvious and worry that my doctor is missing something. How much can one do to protect oneself? How can you insure that you’re getting the best possible care?

Somewhere you have to draw a line, and just make a decision and go with it. Generally, I’m pretty good at doing that. But with each successive failed cycle, it gets harder to do. I so look forward to the time where I'll be done with all of this. It just seems so far off at the moment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did read the article, and none near me were on the list. I always recommend a second, or third, opinion though. You are paying out the wazoo (whatever that may be) and I want another set of eyes looking at it. You can continue to go to your clinic, but it may ease your mind to have a consult somewhere else. It did for me.

July 19, 2005 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home