Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Fourth Verse - Same As The First

So, I didn’t even ask my RE my all-consuming question. I guess I figure, if he knew he’d tell me. All went just as expected. We talked about what to do next and he advised that, although he normally likes to do things in threes, I could try injectible IUIs a couple more times, but that I should think about when I’d want to bring out the big guns of IVF. He said (before I told him that due to insurance I wanted to wait until next year for IVF) that given my age, my response to the drugs, and the fact that the success rate of IVF doesn’t dramatically drop for me over the next 6 months to a year, that more IUIs is a realistic option.

I asked about exercising and he said to go for it. I asked if we’d just continue with the bravelle and he said yes. He didn’t agree with my assessment that I seem to have one dominant follicle that charges ahead (second cycle that didn’t happen I guess). I asked if I’m due for a regular ob/gyn visit and he said he’d do a pap right then and there. So we did. While doing it he started busting on other REs that refuse to do them – even if they’re performing a regular pelvic exam. My RE is definitely a nice guy; I just worry that he’s got so many patients it’s hard to keep track of little ole me. But today he looked through my file, reviewed the past tests and still seems to think that I can get pregnant. So in two weeks we start singing the song again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

And I will be crossing my fingers for your success. I'm glad you have a plan.

Good luck!

July 13, 2005 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you handled the appointment really well, and got a lot of good answers. Yay you, I'm pleased you can keep going on a path that makes sense for you.

July 13, 2005 6:59 AM  
Blogger Larisa said...

It sounds like the appt went as well as it could have. I hope hope hope the IUIs work.

July 13, 2005 9:46 AM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

It sounds like things went well. He is optimistic about your chances and holding off on IVF for a few months shouldn't be a problem. That's good news.

Here's hoping this upcoming cycle will be IT for you!

July 13, 2005 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping this one works.

July 13, 2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Having a doctor you can feel comfortable can make all the difference in the world. I'm glad you found one who listens to you.

July 13, 2005 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home