Monday, July 11, 2005

Questions.

I’m a bit apprehensive about my appointment with my RE tomorrow. I suppose we’re going to discuss next steps, and he’s going to recommend IVF. Or perhaps he’ll recommend more IUIs using injectibles. I plan to tell him that we’re ready to proceed to IVF – but not until I’m covered by D’s insurance – so it could be another 6 months. Will he say that’s too long to wait? Will he say we should try naturally until then? Will he be able to explain why it seems that I always have one dominant follicle that matures way ahead of the pack? Does anyone have any ideas about things I should be asking? Of course, the one question I really have – Why aren’t I getting pregnant? – still seems to be unanswerable.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chee Chee said...

Mellie -- I'm so sorry that I don't have answers for you. I would guess that six months would be ok and that he'd encourage you to try on your own but I'm not sure. I just wanted to wish you luck with your appt. tomorrow. I hope he can answer some of your questions.

July 11, 2005 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second what Katie said. All the ones (three) I've been to have said this is what we recommend, now do what you want. But in a much nicer way, well except for the first one.

July 11, 2005 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think 6 months is too long to wait. You're only 33 ( at least that is what my doc keeps saying. Good luck tomorrow!

July 11, 2005 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry that you are in this place - I can relate. You would think, millions of years of evolution (and, presumably, sex) and still we get "I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be pregnant by now". I hope you get some answers.

July 11, 2005 9:24 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Answers are few and far between on IF Island...I hope your doc at least gives you some comfort in his/her ability to listen to you and forge a partnership for your benefit.

July 11, 2005 9:56 PM  
Blogger Larisa said...

Good luck today. I don't have any helpful questions or answers, but I hope that your RE does.

July 12, 2005 8:31 AM  
Blogger Dramalish said...

I hope your appointment today was very encouraging. I always leave Dr. Goodnews!'s office feeling like I'll be PG in no time. It's the period between appointments that wears me down.

I know that answers are hard to come by in this stupid get-up, but I'm wishing something even better for you: RESULTS.

Let us know what's what. :)
-D.

July 12, 2005 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home