Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tick. Tock.

Oh, how to make time pass quickly.

Work is certainly doing everything it can to make the hours speed past. I suppose that’s a good thing, but geesh, I haven’t been so swamped with my job in a long time. I guess that’s what happens when your show is a success (at least for the time being).

And my apartment to-do list is also keeping me busy. We actually went over the weekend to see the apartment with my mom, and we got to see the result from the landslide. We absolutely have the most gorgeous view of the construction pit from our living room window. But the lawyers have traded letters and it appears that we have no choice but to move ahead with the sale (which, truth be told, I want to do anyway. I love this apartment.). My mom helped me decide on paint colors for the place, which is a huge relief to me. We responded to the additional questions asked of the co-op board’s “Admissions Committee” and have been approved for the official board interview on the 21st. I had a couple of movers come and give me estimates, but I still need to find some painters and someone to wax or polish (whatever one does to make hardwood look its prettiest) the floors. But I’m getting things accomplished and things are moving forward.

As for my training plan, I’m a little stymied. Since the doctor at the IUI last week told me specifically “no exercise” except for walking, I don’t know what to do! It strikes me as odd that I’ve been so instructed. Part of me is perfectly happy to continue my lazy, slothful ways, but part of me thinks my body might benefit from a little action. My bank account certainly appreciates having the gym membership on hold, but might I feel better if I started working out again?

I contacted one acupuncture place I was interested in, but after speaking with them I’m not sure it’s right for me. You’ll get a file and are likely to be treated by more than one acupuncturist depending on when your appt. is each day. I’ll have to do some more research, but if I can’t go on D’s health insurance until November anyway, which I think means I won’t actually be covered by it until 2006, I have quite a chunk of time before any pre-IVF work needs to be done.

I’m 4 days past IUI. 10 days ‘til beta. And I’m not taking a home test this time. What would be the point? I know the answer already. But if I’m wrong, on beta day I’d be 3 weeks 2 days pregnant. Is that even possible? Of course, the answer is no. But still, I wait for the confirmation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dramalish said...

Don't be so sure. I'm going to hope big time for you. Every single woman who can escape the shackles of IF is a small victory for me.
:)
Good luck, friend.
-D.

June 14, 2005 5:06 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I am really hoping for you this time, Mellie. My fingers are crossed!

June 14, 2005 5:41 PM  
Blogger Larisa said...

I'm hopeful for you as well. I do think not buying those evil hpts is a good plan, though.

June 14, 2005 7:04 PM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

I'm hoping that you're wrong about the results of this cycle and that it holds a positive outcome for you!

Good luck with both the cycle and the new apartment.

June 15, 2005 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopeful for you! Anything we can do to make the wait go quicker?

June 15, 2005 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home