Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Color Me Confused

I thought that the more times you cycled, it would get easier, that things would make much more sense and your knowledge and experience would lessen the anxiety and questions. Thus, you can see why at today’s ultrasound I was completely baffled when the doctor said that I had one 19mm follicle and the rest were less than 10mm. Huh? IT’S DAY 7. 19mm would indicate time to trigger, no? She said yes it would but that my doctor will decide later once the blood results are in. She didn’t mention a cyst, so when I asked her what happened to the 13mm cyst from day 3 she said it could be the 19mm follicle now. Last cycle my cyst shrank daily, what’s up with it growing?

I don’t get it.

And I know I shouldn’t worry myself about it now. I should wait until the nurse calls with tonight’s instructions, and see what they say. But if they say trigger tonight for an IUI on DAY 9, I just don’t think I see the point with just one follicle.

Grrr.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have done 3 IUI's and had a really large follicle on day 10 last month. They were able to hold out until day 14 and do an IUI when my lining was thicker and I had another follicle.

June 08, 2005 6:35 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I am so sorry the response hasn't been great. I know how frustrating it is not to understand what's going on in there, and although the ultrasound technology is amazing it doesn't tell the whole story.

I wonder if you might stim better on something besides the Bravelle. It worked well for me, but maybe one of the others would do better for you? It might be worth talking to the doctor about.

Hang in there. Maybe the others will be bigger in a day or two.

June 09, 2005 6:16 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

Confusing.
Confusing.
I am gonna be the dunce of IVF when I start.
And to think that complete imbecciles just have sex & get pregnant, over & over & over.
Without even thinking about it....insult to injury for us.

June 10, 2005 1:59 AM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

This IF thing is so frustrating!
I hope that you are able to hold off for a few more days and trigger/do IUI mid-cycle.

Good luck!

June 10, 2005 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home