Friday, May 12, 2006

Blasting Off.

Tomorrow is scheduled to be transfer day. I got the call from the nurse yesterday to show up at 2:30pm and to keep taking the tetracycline. No other information. I have no idea how many of the original 17 fertilized embryos are still growing, dividing and thriving. I’m just hoping that at least 2 of them make it ‘til tomorrow afternoon.

They should right? I figure, even if 50% failed to make it to day 3, that left 8 on Thursday – so if another 50% fail to make it through tomorrow, that should still leave 4 to choose from. Of course I know that things could still go horribly awry and I could still end up with nothing to transfer. But NBHHY.

The main advantage for me, as I see it, in doing a blastocyst transfer as opposed to a three day embryo transfer, is that my embryos will be entering the uterus in the same developmental stage as they would have been had we conceived through sex. I just figure my embryos will be coming in through the garage instead of the front door. Either way, they’re still coming home. Please let it be for a long, long stay.

14 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

If they let you got to blastocyst, then you had at least 8 on Thursday, so you will have some great ones to choose from. Will be thinking about you tomorrow.

May 12, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

blastocyst is most DEFINITELY an advantage. for replacement and for freezing. things are lookin good! good luck tomorrow and enjoy your rest period. :)

May 12, 2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Best of luck to you both!
Like the others said.. Blast is the way to go if you can. I will be keeping everything crossed!

May 12, 2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Mellie..good luck tomorrow..I will be thinking of you. I hope that the embryos will be comfortable in their new home for the next 9 months! Hugs!

May 12, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

The garage door! You are too funny. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, and your little embies sitting on a nice surfboard.

May 12, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

It sounds like this cycle is going very well. Good luck with the transfer tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

May 12, 2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

With that many embies, you should have a nice selection of high quality 3 to 5 day olds. I will be waiting with baited breath to hear in 10 days or so if all worked out. :)

May 12, 2006 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, will be eager to hear how it goes tomorrow.

May 12, 2006 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck tomorrow and in the days to come!

May 12, 2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Good luck today Mellie!!!

May 13, 2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

I think you'll have some to transfer and maybe even some to freeze. Good luck!

May 13, 2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Mellie..just want to drop you a line and say I was thiking of you and I hope the transfer went well today...now go relax and take care of yourself! Hugs!

May 13, 2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger avonlea said...

I hope all went smoothly today!

May 13, 2006 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow was yesterday, and I'm on pins and needles to hear how many, and what's what.

Good luck Mellie.

May 14, 2006 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home