Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sooner Than Expected

Apparently today is CD1. When I awoke I thought it was CD23, but I’ve been informed otherwise. This is good because – who the hell am I kidding? This is not good. Here are the reasons why:
1. My darling D is coming home tonight, after being away from me for more than 2 weeks. Suffice it to say, our reunion won’t go as cleanly as we would’ve liked.
2. Due to my cousin’s wedding I will be out of town the mornings of CD6 & 7. I suppose that’s really not too traumatic, right? I mean, I should be able to go in for u/s & blood draw on cd 7 in the afternoon if necessary – even if that’s not how it normally works, so it just means no monitoring on cd6. That shouldn’t be too bad.
3. It means my cycle this month lasted 22 days. Of course, that means nothing, because I don’t know for sure when I ovulated. If I ovulated on cd10, it’s my average luteal phase. But, one has to admit, a 22-day cycle seems a bit screwy.
4. I’ll have to be carrying a little shots-to-go kit to both the wedding and rehearsal dinner. How sober do you have to be to reconstitute bravelle?

So, now I’m waiting for my assistant to leave the office so I can make the phonecall to the nurses telling them I’ll be in on Thursday morning to start my next cycle. You know what though? It’s cd1 and I’m not sad about it. Despite the bad timing, I’m actually looking forward to the hope and chance it brings.

11 Comments:

Blogger Chee Chee said...

I'm hoping that this cycle brings you the positive result that you're waiting for.

BTW -- I just read your last post and I wanted to let you that I enjoy reading your blog. It's one of my favorites! Keep writing.

July 19, 2005 2:17 PM  
Blogger K said...

Well, sorry about the wedding shots, but I'm glad you're feeling more hopeful!

July 19, 2005 4:14 PM  
Anonymous anne said...

I agree that each new cycle brings disappointment but new hope. Good luck!

July 19, 2005 6:24 PM  
Blogger Internal Spring said...

Mellie, glad you're taking the early cycle well, damn we're close I'm (so far as I know) on CD 22. I'm looking forward to the hope and chance too, but more than that, hearing about your results and how you manage the challenges - no doubt but it will be with grace.

July 19, 2005 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Z said...

"looking forward to the hope and chance it brings." great way to look at things! hoping this is your cycle!

July 20, 2005 12:10 AM  
Anonymous thalia said...

I hope this cycle is the one. Don't fret about the 22 days, it happens occasionally (I should know!) and who knows what might have caused it.

July 20, 2005 5:22 AM  
Blogger Spanglish said...

Mellie! We are on the same cycle! Thanks for reading my blog. This will be my first stims cycle while blogging -- it'll be nice to have the "company."

July 20, 2005 9:58 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

My fingers are crossed for you! I've done some of my best injecting under the influence of a glass of wine or two. You'll do great!

July 20, 2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger Spanglish said...

Hi Mellie -- you asked me on my blog about the 90% success rate, the RE based that on how well I respond to follistim/bravelle and my past success with conception. The chances for conception go up with every mature follicle, so if you produce 3 good follicles and have never conceived you have a 75% chance for conception (25% with each follie).

July 20, 2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Mellie, a new cycle is awful and hopeful all at the same time. Hope this one works out better.

July 21, 2005 7:17 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hope things are going well with this cycle, Mellie! My fingers are crossed for you.

July 26, 2005 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home