Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Falling Into Place

I’m trying to be hopeful and optimistic about my life at the moment, despite the fact that D is currently in one of his worst states. At last, we have a closing date for our apartment purchase. Therefore I can hire the contractor to do all the fixins before we move in. And I’ll know what day to tell our current landlord we’re leaving (and I’ll know if we need to ask for additional time in the apt.). Then I can hire the movers. And then we can buy new furniture. Finally, the pieces are falling into place in the picture that I want.

And my current injectible cycle is progressing well too – with everything there falling as I’d hope. I’m currently on cd8 and quite proud of my status: yesterday’s E2 level was 367, and as of this morning's scan I have 5 total follicles (3 on one side, 2 on the other) all between 12 and 15mm. I’m thrilled not to have one follicle way out ahead of the others, and I’m thrilled not to have triggered yet. Plus, I had no cysts at the start of the cycle. Doc thinks I’ll be ready to trigger tomorrow for IUI on Saturday – which actually is the best day for us to do it.

There have been some anomalies this go round – starting of course with that brief 22-day cycle. During my period I leaked through a tampon in like an hour and a half. That happened the previous month as well, but never before in my life. And then 2 nights ago I had some spotting, even though my period had ended days before. I’m choosing to regard these strange occurrences as proof that my body is preparing for a new adventure, as alternative explanations would only cause worry.

So I’m hopeful. It’s the better place to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Mellie. I'm so glad to hear your cycle is going well. And I am very excited about your apartment purchase as well. I have always loved the buildings in that part of Manhattan. (I knew just where that landslide happened.)

Here's hoping D feels better soon and that everything keeps going well. Keep that positive outlook going. :-)

July 27, 2005 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home