Thursday, May 18, 2006

Passing the Hours

I stole this from Spanglish to help pass the time...

20 years ago I . . .
1. was a freshman in high school.
2. got my first period.
3. pegged my jeans and wore my socks over them.

10 years ago I . . .
1. moved to New York City to get my MFA.
2. started speaking with D regularly on the phone again after having not done so for three years.
3. gave up my career as a stockbroker.

5 years ago I . . .
1. won a 7 day all expense-paid vacation for 2 to Europe.
2. made D still go on the vacation even though he had just torn his achilles tendon and was on crutches.
3. married D on the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend.

3 years ago I . . .
1. started trying to get pregnant.
2. watched my little brother cry as he married his wife.
3. got to swim with dolphins while on vacation.

1 year ago I . . .
1. started this blog.
2. realized that we were going to do IVF. And I found out that, fortunately, if we switched to D’s health plan 80% of the costs would be covered.
3. bought our first apartment.

So far this year I . . .
1. have had 36 eggs harvested from my ovaries.
2. learned that my husband has Celiac Disease and that there’s a 10% chance our children will have it.
3. crocheted my first baby blanket.

Yesterday I . . .
1. saw Tarzan – The Musical. (All I can say is – don’t.)
2. got to eat lunch with D after I picked him up after he had an endoscopy.
3. gave myself the PIO shot again and ended up with blood spouting like a Saturday Night Live sketch as I withdrew the needle.

Today I . . .
1. talked to my Mom for the first time in 3 weeks – since my parents just returned from their trip to China. I’ll make sure to catch up with Dad tonight.
2. had to get up at 5:45am to head back to Cornell for a luteal phase blood draw. They test progesterone on days 24 & 26 (assume retrieval day as day 14) for possible use in future cycles. No one will call with the results of the test.
3. have to call my cousin to tell her that D won’t be able to attend her daughter’s Bat Mitzvah with me next weekend because he’ll have to work.

Tomorrow I will . . .
1. have my last full Friday of work for the summer! Summer hours start the following Friday, where we get to leave at 2pm for each weekend!
2. either get my hair cut or have dinner with some cousins who are expected in town (I made the hair appt. but forgot that I might be meeting up with the girls).
3. only have 2 more days until I find out if this IVF worked.

In the next year I will . . .
1. be a mom – damn it.
2. hire an interior decorator to help me figure out what to do with our living room and some other places in the apartment that need help.
3. turn 35, oy.

In the next minute I will . . .
1. Post this to blogger.
2. Check to see if the Yankees are still losing.
3. Think about actually doing some work.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can manage both hair AND dinner. That would be nice.

7 frozen is beautiful. So far so good... may the devastation never come.

May 18, 2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Okay, I have to be honest, I am so amaze you give yourself your own PIO shot and you make it sound like the blood was normal. You are awesome! I don't think I can do it, S flew to NYC for the day and I am waiting until he gets in for my PIO shot tonight.

I can't believe you only have 3 more days before beta....I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers! Hugs!

May 18, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

What an in teresting life you have had. Although I haven't yet given myself a PIO shot, H managed to cause some impressive blood spurting yesterday.

Hoping hard for you.

May 19, 2006 3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this and all of this sounds very interesting, except for Tarzan! The Musical. But, if it distracted you from the wait for a couple of hours it doesn't matter how boring it was.

Thinking good thoughts for you!

May 19, 2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger x said...

I love the socks thing too. What were we thinking wearing our socks over our jeans? Our poor mother's having to buy us $10 socks that were cool enough to be shown.

Great list.

You are one day closer, only 2 left to goo. Thinking of you!

May 19, 2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

Good Luck tomorrow!!! (I hope I calculated that right? Beta Saturday?)

May 19, 2006 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gave yourself a PIO shot??? You're my hero.
Oh the pegged jeans - why did we think that looked good?

May 20, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I love that you did this. It's like a trip down memory lane for me too. :) Thank you.

May 20, 2006 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I am so impressed with the self administered PIO. Pegged jeans - help us all for actually beliving that it looked good. Hoping like crazy for you.

May 21, 2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

I thought your beta was yesterday after this post so have been madly refreshing. I hope you are ok!

May 22, 2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

I guess your beta was today? I am so hoping that good news is just a phone call away for you.

May 22, 2006 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home