Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Still Scoreless - But Coming Up to Bat

Last night in the top half of the eighth inning, the Red Sox were down a run to our arch rivals the NY Yankees. Big Papi had just struck out and Manny was in the middle of his at bat. I patted my lower abdomen as is my new habit and told the embryos that they had to start cheering for the Sox now, ‘cuz the boys needed some help. And on the very next pitch Manny sends a shot 399 feet to the left field wall which really should have been a home run, but instead Yankees outfielder Melky Cabrera makes an amazing catch and robs us of the hit. I told my uterus tenants that they did good – and that next time surely, when they’re a little bigger, the ball will fly that extra distance to put the run up on the board.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

In case you didn’t pick up on it, the ultrasound last Friday showed two gestational sacs. They were the same size, right next to each other. My RE didn’t look for a fetal pole or yolk sac or anything, I just go back this Friday and hopefully will see two embryos wriggling inside their sacs.


I’m a little nervous about what the ultrasound will show and am trying hard not to count on anything. Reading of Thalia and Pamplemousse and Kris's experiences has me a bit shaken. It’s still the first inning after all, and we all know anything can happen.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. WOW! TWO!

Oh Mellie, I'm so pleased for you.

June 07, 2006 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TWO! Yay!

Congratulations! On my first scan they could only see one fetal pole, but by the next there were definately two, though one was smaller.

June 07, 2006 12:45 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Congratulations Mellie. I know it is hard to be excited about anything these days. I am feeling it too. But so far so good - your pregnancy is progressing great and I am ever so grateful and will keep you in my thoughts.

June 07, 2006 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wanted to cry when Cabrera came back over the wall with the ball.

But I'm cheering at your news! I hope you see more good stuff on Fri!

June 07, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Milenka said...

I've got everything crossed over here!

June 07, 2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Crossing everything DOUBLE for you, Mellie. Yay.

June 07, 2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

If I couldn't have those perfect boy/girl twins, they I think you should be able to. Great news!

June 07, 2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

I'm very hopeful, Mellie, that this will all be ok for you. It's time there was some good luck around here. And TWINS! That will keep you busy.

June 08, 2006 6:39 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Twins!! Woo-hoo!! That is fantastic. I am so happy for you and D!

June 08, 2006 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mel, I am so happy for you! Twins, how exciting! I hope you remember me from the fertility friend buddy group. I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and am so excited to hear the good news! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!!!

June 08, 2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

Congrats, Mellie. I hope tomorrow's appointment shows that your pregnancy is right on target and progressing well.

BTW -- Thanks for your comment on my blog. If I'm in NYC, I will let you know so that we can meet up.

June 08, 2006 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Yes, that was a defining moment for Melky Cabrera - earn the ire of every Red Sox fan - welcome to the yankees.

June 09, 2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home