Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Milestones.

This is my 100th post. I’m not as prolific as many bloggers out there, so to have written 100 times about me – and to have people respond to these posts that many times, is something worth noting. Not necessarily an achievement – but monumental to me nonetheless.

And even more monumental is that this week I am officially 14 weeks pregnant – officially in the second trimester. The nausea has subsided somewhat. The breasts and belly have grown. I think some of the fear has dissipated, while the anticipation is heightened. But most thankfully, the happiness continues.

I shared the news with everyone at work last week, and all were really congratulatory and happy for me. It was even kind of fun to do. I liked walking into people’s offices and saying “I have news” – watching their faces expect me to say that I was quitting, and then being relieved and happy when I’d say that I am pregnant. I did feel the need to tell everyone “this was a long time coming” and if they wanted more details I explained that we did IVF.

But all in all, since the bleeding scare, things are good. I had a very brief OB appt. last week, had another ultrasound and saw the baby and the beating heart.

And even better, D has been in a good mood these past few weeks. Not any more excited or involved with the pregnancy, but so much happier overall and therefore fun to be around again. It’s been great.

I’ve kept a diary in some form or other since I was in 8th grade. A little over a year ago, this blog became my latest version. And whenever I go back and reread my entries (which I love to do), it becomes abundantly clear that I write more when I’m depressed and stressed and disappointed than when I’m happy. So, from now on, if you don’t hear from me for awhile, assume that NBHH. I promise to keep you informed of all the milestones we hit along the way.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it to the 2nd trimester.
I hope the fears continue to subside and the happiness increases.

August 02, 2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Big congratulations are in order Mellie. I am so happy that things are going well for you!

August 02, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Mellie, so great to hear from you and to hear such great news. Can't wait to hear about the milestones!

August 02, 2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger Dramalish said...

Well if no posts mean a happy Mellie, than I'm so glad you've been quiet!!!
:)

Seriously, I love to hear from you, but don't worry, you'll find your "happy posting" groove.

I'm also glad that D is in a happier place too. It's nice to be happy, isn't it?
-D.

August 03, 2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Mellie--Congratulations on 14 weeks and the 100th post! I love sharing the news with people--I am glad you are enjoying it too. I hope everything continues to go well.

August 03, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

Congrats to you, Mellie! I tend to write more when I'm stressed too. These blogs are better than therapy, aren't they?

Wishing you continued good luck...

August 03, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

Happyness is made of many small things. I'm glad you're doing well.

August 03, 2006 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your DH doesn't let this pregnancy go by being more down than joyful throughout it. Enjoy every moment/milestone!

August 04, 2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Mellie, so glad to hear from you and that everything is going well. And congratulations on 14 weeks!

(Also glad to hear that you got an ultrasound--I have my 12w appointment with Dr. you-know-who on Monday, and have been very concerned that I wouldn't get an US, just the punk-ass Doppler.)

August 04, 2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Congratulation on the 2nd trimester milestone. It's so nice to know it actually exists!

August 04, 2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger Ella said...

Congrats on making it to 2nd trimester. This is a huge milestone and we out there in blog land can appreciate the journey with you. Glad to hear things are going well. I too tend to post only when I'm feeling down and need to vent, but its certainly nice to share good news every once in a while. I hope you continue to feel well and happy.

August 07, 2006 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I can be honest, it makes me nervous that dh isn't really 'into' the pregnancy. I am nervous that you think it will change when there's 'another person' to take care of, as you put it. Please please be careful with this. I am not saying this to be a troll--I feel invested in your story and I am nervous for you. I also miss hearing from you. I feel like so many of us are invested in your story and you give many of us hope and I hope as things progress you will update more often. I truly couldn't be happier that you are expecting and I wish you such a happy life...that's all. Please know this is coming from a place of concern, nothing else. Take care of yourself.

August 07, 2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Making it to the 2nd trimester is a HUGE deal! I am so happy for your success and wish you a most uneventful pregnancy ending in a perfect little bundle of love to take home.

August 07, 2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

wow. COngratualtions. I'll add you to my growing list of people who got their wish. I hope it rubs off on me now. Wishing you well in the coming months!

August 08, 2006 1:59 AM  
Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Hitting the 2nd trimester is tremendous.

August 12, 2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger lucky #2 said...

You've hit the milestone -- so I moved you to the Pregnant list of links on my blog. Yipee!!!

August 12, 2006 3:15 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Mellie, we miss you but we understand. I'll look forward to the updates.

August 22, 2006 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi M,
hope things are going well...looking forward to your next update!

August 23, 2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

Protest!
Where is ya, Mellie Moo? Missing you.

August 27, 2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Dramalish said...

Also missing you.
Post, my dear Mellie...
POST.
:)
-D.

August 29, 2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

Oh. Where?
A word Mellie, please. I do not want to become shrill or hysterical...but I'm worried about you, a tiny bit. Sorry for nagging.

September 02, 2006 1:40 AM  
Blogger lucky #2 said...

Where are you, honey? :)

September 06, 2006 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home