Thursday, May 19, 2005

Expired

Thanks for the recommendations ladies. I have to say I’m surprised at the advice. I think because I’m used to those women on bulletin boards that start testing at 9 dpo, I expected the opposite. Let me be clear – I was NEVER one of those women. Before taking progesterone I always waited for my period to show up. In fact, when I used one of the hpts in my pack of 3 last month, I noticed that they were past the expiration date. I had bought them when I first started ttc, to get one of my drugstore.com orders to qualify for free shipping, figuring that I’d need them pretty soon. Now it’s 2 years later and they’re beyond their “sold by” date. I couldn't help but think that I'm past my expiration date too.

So after thinking about your advice, I’ve decided to not pack a test. I’m so cheap I definitely won’t buy one there, and I know I can definitely wait it out. You guys are right - I should enjoy every minute of this vacation that I can. And if I get bad news on the 31st I’m counting on some support from you ladies, especially since D won’t be around to wipe away my tears.

But maybe, just maybe, I’ll want to celebrate.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

I think you have a point -- the advice you got here is a lot different from what you'd hear on bulletin boards. They are so crazy about testing there!

But I think it's a good idea to enjoy your vacation instead of worrying about the stress of the test all through it. HPTs are so inaccurate anyway, you could test at that point and still get a false reading.

Speaking of using expired HPTs, I should write on my blog about a funny experience I had last summer. I will do it around the time we test.

susie
notahabit

May 19, 2005 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I purposefully didn't leave a comment because I was a testaholic. Until trigger shots that is. Glad you will enjoy your vacation without that craziness though.

May 19, 2005 8:26 PM  
Blogger Larisa said...

Glad you decided not to pack the test. Enjoy your vacation, and don't buy any tests in Hawaii. We went to Kauai last summer and I'm dying to go back.

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

May 19, 2005 8:44 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hope Hawaii was wonderful! Let us know about your test! Did you make it to the end of the 2ww?

May 30, 2005 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home