Saturday, February 04, 2006

Cycle Day 9 (7th Day of Stims)

Things seem to me moving right along. Yesterday (Cycle Day 8/Day 6 of Stims) the ultrasound still showed the 15 follicles, all still under 10mm. My E2 on Day 7 was 359, yesterday it had increased to 607 and today’s reading had it at 995. This morning’s ultrasound showed a few follicles over 10, one at 11 but most still under the 10mm mark.. But they’ve cut me way back on the meds: as of yesterday I stopped the Follistim, and decreased the Repronex to 1 ½ vials. Tonight I’m to reduce the Repronex to just one vial. I’m taking it as a good sign – that the follicles are growing sufficiently and don’t need so much help.

So I’m doing okay. Still optimistic about the cycle, but definitely feeling wiped physically. I don’t know whether to attribute it to the drugs or having to get up 2 hours earlier every morning. My acupuncturist today said that my pulse definitely showed that my body was working, and between the sensitive nipples, and sore middle I’ve developed I’d have to agree. I’m trying to drink lots of water to keep the headaches at bay, but that doesn’t seem to be helping today. But if I walk away from this ten months from now with an infant it’ll obviously have been worth every single minute.

This morning the waiting room, usually fairly quiet with everyone keeping to themselves, practically felt like a cocktail party. It was packed as usual, but maybe because it was a Saturday everyone was chatty. There were 2 couples that may or may not have known each other before chatting it up on a center couch and various conversations between waitees happening throughout the room. I even had some nice exchanges with three women - and we didn’t just talk about IVF. Maybe because it felt especially early in the morning since it was a weekend, and reading just seemed to be too much of an expenditure of energy, we all found that talking to each other was a great way to pass the time. As one of the women I spoke with said, it is kind of silly that here we all are, day after day going through the same thing – why not chat a bit about it? It was good. I’m actually looking forward to seeing them tomorrow morning.

It’s one of those situations where it’s easier to open up with a stranger than a trusted friend. So while I still hope I don’t run into any other people I know at the clinic I wouldn’t mind at all if a stranger wants to introduce herself and tell me her story. Besides, I keep hoping that one of those strangers is one of you!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After two years of going to the reproductive center, I only chatted with someone else once. It was very nice.

I'm glad that things are rolling along for you.

February 04, 2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

Glad to hear you're making progress in the cycle.

I still go to a regular ob/gyn, so there's a mix of people in the waiting room. No way am I going to strike up a conversation there.

February 05, 2006 6:48 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Good steady progress on the E2, Mellie. Hang in there.

February 05, 2006 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are coming along beautifully. Congratulations on responsive ovaries!

February 05, 2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Sounds like you are going great guns. Keeping everything crossed for you.

February 05, 2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Oh I'd love a cocktail party waiting room. In ours, everyone sits stiffly, looking really freaked out.

February 05, 2006 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home