Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Waitin’ By The Phone

I’m waiting for you to call me up and tell me I’m not alone.

So yeah, I’m waiting for them to call with today’s E2 levels and with this evening’s instructions. My follicles didn’t grow a whole lot since yesterday, so the RE at today’s ultrasound didn’t think I’d trigger tonight. As he put it, things are “looking nice - but we don’t want them to look too nice because I’m not ready yet.” The big follicles were measuring between 15 – 17mm, most around 16mm.

Of course, now I’m fretting that retrieval won’t be on Friday, and that I’ll be coasting for a prolonged period of time. While I found this somewhat reassuring, I’m back to being nervous that something bad is going to happen and I’ll be cancelled after all - even though I know that nothing bad has happened yet.

I’m a little confused by the decision to coast me – since I don’t seem to have over 20 follicles and I hadn’t broken the 3000 level. But I’m trying to trust my doctors and the clinic. Still, if anyone has any coasting stories to share I’d love to hear from them.

And if retrieval isn’t on Friday, does that mean I have to have sex again tonight? The horror….

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know a lot about prolonged coasting, but from what I've read it almost always takes away the risk for OHSS and usually results in better quality embryos. And you are right, NBHHY.

February 08, 2006 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about coasting but I like what Jenn has to say! :)
Good luck!

February 08, 2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger P. said...

I don't know anything about coasting - but I bet you can taste it you are so close! Have fun tonight... don't do anything that I wouldn't ;O)

February 08, 2006 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My clinic is anti-coasting so I can't help, and of course I didn't get anywhere near coasting on my cycle. It sounds to me as if they know what they're doing. I know it's hard, but try not to panic. There is no reason to cancel this cycle.

February 09, 2006 5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home