Friday, September 08, 2006

FAQ

I’m so sorry for not posting frequently. Something’s happened to my motivation and I’m not sure what it is. Don’t worry though – so far all is well. And here are the answers to what you’ve probably been wondering.

How far along are you? When are you due again?

Today I’m officially 19 weeks 4 days into my pregnancy. The estimated day of arrival is January, 29, 2007 – but I’m counting on a February baby.

How do you feel?

Knock on wood, I’m doing okay physically. The nausea left as it was supposed to and I think my energy level is fine. For the last 4 weeks I’ve been doing prenatal yoga twice a week, so I overall I feel good.

Do you look pregnant? How much weight have you gained? In maternity clothes?

These questions seem to be the favorite of my family – probably because I was pretty petite to start off. But yeah, I’m in maternity clothes and have a belly. Most people meeting me would probably be playing “Pregnant or pudgy?” upon looking at me – if I’m not wearing a maternity top, but for those that knew me it’s pretty obvious. Two weeks ago D said to me as I was getting ready for bed “Your stomach is huge” - and that was just at 18 weeks. I’ve gained about 10 pounds – or 10% of my body weight.

Do you know the sex?

Well, the big 20 week-anatomy scan is next week so if I wanted to find out the sex we could on Tuesday. But, I don’t want to. At least, that’s what I’m saying now; I reserve the right to change my mind when I’m actually undergoing the ultrasound.

What tests have you done?

Besides the nuchal translucency, I had blood drawn for the quad-screen test at 16 weeks. Fortunately, the results came back negative so I was not advised nor felt the need to do an amnio. Hopefully everything will look perfect at the big ole ultrasound next week.

Have you felt the baby move?

Ummm – maybe? Last Saturday night for an instant I swear I felt that “fluttering” that everyone speaks of – but mostly I just feel this constant heaviness in my abdomen. And, I don’t know if this makes me crazy or not, but since just shy of 17 weeks I swear I feel contractions consistently. They don’t hurt – it’s just this tightening of my uterus that lasts for maybe a minute. I made D put his hand on my stomach during one and he could definitely feel the hardness of it. I don’t understand how every woman doesn’t feel these?

How is D? How are you and D?

I have to say, lately me and D have been great together. No silly bickering or fighting – just niceness and love. It’s really been splendid. I think subconsciously we must realize that this life together as just a couple is about to end, so we’re trying to make sure we appreciate it while we can.

D himself is doing much better over all, which obviously has a big effect. His work schedule hasn’t been crazy so that automatically puts him into a better mood. He’s dealing with the Celiac stuff – still kind of a baby about it at times if you ask me, but he’s got a routine down now. And he’s exercising again, which also greatly impacts his mood.

As far as D and impending fatherhood, well, let’s just say I think half of him is in denial and the other half is scared of it all. I’m pretty sure he’s frightened of my pregnant belly. The idea of an infant throwing up or pooping all over him gives him the heebie jeebies. At this point, he still says he’d prefer not to be in the delivery room. But, while I might prefer he be more involved and invested, I do believe that once the baby is born everything will change.

How about those Red Sox?

Oy! My poor boys of summer. All I can say is, I hope the MF Yankees don’t make it past the first round.


I think of you guys often, even if I can’t get myself to sit down and write. Hoping things are good out there in your corner. And if I didn’t answer what you really want to know, post the question and I’ll add a response.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i'm so happy you finally posted an update! i was getting worried over here and was too scared to ask anything. thanks for the update and so happy to hear that all is looking great!

September 08, 2006 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see an update from you and hear that all is well.

September 08, 2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Great news! So glad to hear that everything is going well and I hope you will post the results of the big ultrasound next week.

September 08, 2006 11:45 PM  
Blogger lucky #2 said...

glad to hear all is on track -- you know us infertiles, we tend to worry about prgegnancy, too!!! lol

if you aren't sure @ finding the gender, maybe they could seal it in an envelope for you!!

September 09, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Mellie--I am so happy for you and glad that things are looking so good. Enjoy every moment--before you know it the baby will be here and life will change! It was really nice to hear from you!

September 09, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

Good girl.
Lovely to hear all is rolling along well....I assumed so....but it's nice to get updated!
You take care Mellie! And come over to see me sometime!

September 10, 2006 12:48 AM  
Blogger VTek said...

Do you have names picked out?

And before you know it, you'll be taking the baby to his/her first Red Sox game (like I did with my Deirdre on July 30). Yes, they lost, and Ben & Jen Affleck were there (Ben talked about that game last week on Jay Leno) -lol.

September 12, 2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger P. said...

Good to hear from you friend!

September 13, 2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

so glad to hear all is well. I wonder if you managed to not find out the gender. I don't think I'd be able to do that.

September 15, 2006 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home