Friday, June 03, 2005

Insurance

I’ve spent the last couple hours dealing with insurance payments for my last two IUIs. I suppose I should consider myself lucky that insurance is covering any of this, but damn, it’s depressing to see how much is being spent for nothing in return. That, on top of the fact that there is no logic to the billing procedures, is what is driving me crazy at the moment. Even though my doctor is a covered provider, the clinic isn’t, so even though my actual doctor may perform the actual ultrasound, I still have to pay for it as though someone who isn’t a covered provider is wielding the wand.

---Newsflash---

This just in: My darling husband e-mailed me to say that he’s learned (at my urging) that his insurance will cover up to 4 tries at IVF. I can hardly believe it!!! Currently we’re both under my insurance coverage as it costs us nothing out of pocket, and to be on his we would have to pay. I believe we have to wait until November before their enrollment opens again – but I have no doubt that it will be here before we know it. Of course, I’d love for this IUI to work, but not having to shell out the $10K as we thought we’d have to sure is worth celebrating.

Perhaps I should stop focusing on the future and concentrate on positive vibes for this cycle, but that news sure made me happy and successfully eliminated all the frustration I had been feeling moments ago about those damn insurance companies. And that’s a good way to start a weekend – and a new cycle. It’s CD2 officially, and the process begins anew tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is GREAT news. I hope you don't need it, but it sure is nice that you have it if you do!

June 03, 2005 4:52 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Congratulations, that is wonderful news! I'm so glad for you!!!

susie
notahabit

June 03, 2005 10:29 PM  
Blogger Larisa said...

That's fantastic news. I hope you won't need to use it...but great news nonetheless.

June 04, 2005 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopeyou don't need the IVF coverage either. But it kicks serious ass that you have it.
I hope you can put some faith in this cycle. You never know, you could get lucky! (at least this is what I tell m y self every freaking morning.)
K
www.livejournal.com/users/chiromama

June 04, 2005 7:56 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

Don't you just love good news!
It's what we need to give us renewed strength to plough forward. Not to mention a little less weight off your shoulders!

June 05, 2005 6:18 AM  
Blogger moi said...

Okay so my geographical fumbling aside, you get this amazing coverage. I was also going to suggest that you ask your clinic about the NY State IVF grants (do I have the state right now?) because that's a huge pot of money they often need to use up right away so if the timing is right...

Your husband's coverage is amazing - great news!

June 06, 2005 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home